May 10, 2010

New (MUSIC) Monday Blog

I got the music in me!


Anyone who knows me, even a little bit, knows that one of my favorite things in the world, a pure love of mine, the most revered art form, the thing that sustains me, pulses through my veins...(oh ok, you get the idea?))

is music.

Ten+ years of teaching spinning classes and NEVER playing the same c.d twice probably didn't do anything to quell it.. but I know the love affair started way before that... A blue phonograph in an only childs bedroom, was the key that unlocked the entire world...

So today, a very busy Monday, I just want to celebrate, and share, this love of music. Because "just the right song" at "just the right time.." can change everything!

So here is a little list, with links.. just of the music moving me ever-forward into the light.. right now!

And no, this doesnt have much to do with jewelry.. at all, but I happen to think both great music, and the amazing pieces we carry on www.givingtreejewelry.com, come from the same place of inspiration and have the amazing ability to 'kickstart' your heart, or your dreams.. or whatever needs a little fire!

*I did just update my WHAT RACHEL IS WEARING page.. and I am, really and truly, wearing all of these pieces as I find myself inside the most amazing city in the world, with the most amazing friends anyone could EVER ask for (thank you KJK!)

*I am completely in love with the SPARC jewelry for the imminent summer!





*myself and great friends, posing in a famous sculpture installation by artist Robert Irwin, during the amazing art opening Kristin put together!





SO. HERE IT IS..
RACHEL'S LIST OF ESSENTIAL SPRING SONGS AND THE JEWELRY THAT ROCKS! RIGHT ALONG SIDE OF THEM!

**and YES, KYLE.. you can edit, delete, dismiss this list.. and send your own.. and ill post it. in fact.. i'd love that!. .
anyone who sends over some favorite songs.. will get a little thank you gift ;)
yup!


p.s.. YES. there is a theme.. and the theme is JOY! :)





TIME AND SPACE/THE ACCIDENTAL

This is the song on constant repeat when I wander around NYC looking for pictures of people holding hands




HOME/EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROES
*K.C. Thank you for bringing this to me months ago... I've worn new grooves in this record, and posted because my Courtney is just discovering it. It's so visual. How does one break their behind?



STILLNESS IS THE MOVE/DIRTY PROJECTORS
*This is what NEW music sounds like.. this band will take over the world soon, but not before they logged time on Cape Cod.. Hope this will often be the case!

CANDY CASTLE/GLASS CANDY*If there is anything that really, really needs..'doing'.. Blog writing, say, or housecleaning, I put this on and wait for the 'Rocky Part' to come on!


DREAMING/ GOLDFRAPP

*Just a fabulous song about a fabulous leisure time activity


HELP IM ALIVE/METRIC
*Concert is 6 Days!! Countdown is ON!! YIPPEE! GREAT SONG, GREAT BAND

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8obah-11Ldc&feature=related

MOMMA'S PLACE/ ROISIN MURPHY
*Do so love the Lady Ga.. but there were indeed predecessors. you are right beautiful Liza!


PASSION PIT SLEEPY HEAD
*I am not quite sure what they are saying, I just bounce around!





HEART OF STEEL/GALACTIC

*Posted this before. It's the song a healing heart plays makes when it starts to find joy again..


BURNING DOWN THE HOUSE/TOM JONES&THE CARDIGANS

*In honor of our "Tom Jones inspires panty throwing" contingent...


I FEEL ELECTRIC/RUBIES
*I get lost in this song.. all day long...




FOR OUR ELEGANT CASTE/OF MONTREAL
*Just fun, and that is always enough.


BEFORE THE MONEY CAME/BETTYE LAVETTE
*Great song to shout out and remember things can(will) always get better.. but they aren't that bad..

FEELING GOOD/ MY BRIGHTEST DIAMOND
*Best song ever and a really not bad at all rendition




With LOVE, PEACE, AND DREAMING TO MUSIC,
Rachel


**links should work now! and.. it's like an addiction. I can't stop, and don't want to!.. send songs!**



HIGH ROAD/BROKEN BELLS
*a very very lovely gift from my very very lovely music guru

SUNSHINE MAKES ME HIGH/GUGGENHEIM GROTTO
*just plaintive and plain sexy

5 comments:

jennay723 said...

You have to give a listen to She & Him Volume One and/or Volume Two! Love them - their songs are pure joy!

Unknown said...

I LOVE new music and will have to check these out !!

i have to say the song that has been getting me moving (an that is saying alot these days) is Starstruck by 3OH3! and of course any Marley song !

thanks for posting Rachael !
- Heather leake

Rachel Smith said...

LOVE She & Him.. my usual go to is
WHY DO YOU LET ME STAY HERE
http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/why-do-you-let-me-stay-here/id315251745?i=315251802
what is yours? the list is growing! thank you for writing!

Rachel Smith said...

Heather, I was addicted to their first song for spinning.. and ALWAYS 3 little birds.. just didn't use b/c its on our first compilation c.d! XXXto beautiful you!

blogger said...

you always have had the music in you among many other beautiful qualities
stay forgiving,stay with a heart of gold........ its hard to believe but i will always love you. I submitted some music that touches my soul as well as fills me with thoughts of you and the happiness you bring to others.