August 2, 2010

NEW BLOG MONDAY

And... A New Month!...

I LOVE the very first days of a new month. I even have some 'rituals' to celebrate and honor their arrival. And since this New Blog Monday falls on only the second day of the new month, I can't help but share!

One thing I always do on the first day of the new month (right after I say 'rabbit rabbit' and still don't know why!) is to make the morning an extra special one. It could be as small as foregoing my usual bowl of Peanut Butter Puffins, for something infinitely more exotic.. like.. a frittata!

This month, with the first day falling on a Sunday, I was able to enjoy a long bike ride through the winding, wildflower garden graced roads on Cape Cod. Pure Bliss!
I also always like to set my goals for the new month as well, which I did yesterday on Sandy Neck beach, post swim... again, a truly divine experience!



A silly thing I also can't help but doing at the start of a new month.. is checking out what the 'stars' have in store for me, by reading this monthly horoscope:

ASTROLOGY ZONE-AUGUST HOROSCOPES


It is not that I am so convinced that there will be answers, or even enlightenment within the reading, it's more just for fun! I like hearing the 'predictions' and seeing what the strange alchemy of luck and will, destiny and, well.. 'me' ... are forecasted to create!



Finally, I always love to celebrate all the good things that happened in the month that just passed. As I get older, the more and more I believe in "letting things go", in "living in the 'present'" and in ENJOYING the current moment...still, there was too much to celebrate at Giving Tree Jewelry in July to ignore!


THE SHORT LIST OF JULY JOY AT GTJ!

-Fabulous Friends, both old and new came to visit! (TRISH LANOUE, YOU ARE AN AMAZING AND INSPIRING WOMAN, AND YOUR POSITIVE OUTLOOK AND DISPOSITION IS TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY INFECTIOUS!) *yup, I needed to shout that!


-Glorious Artists Came to Play!
Check out the video of our best selling gallery artist Lochlin Smith.. interviewed by the one and only THE JUDITH!
SHOP LOCHLIN'S AMAZING COLLECTION OF EARRINGS!


-Favorite Giving Tree artists like PABLO VALENCIA and PAM FINK of GOOD CHARMA took our breath away with new creations, like our exclusive "COMPASS COLLECTION" and coming very soon, our Giving Tree/Good Charma collaboration for STAND UP TO CANCER and another line..all about feeling ..um.. KICK ASS! :) (truly cannot wait for this debut





-Amazing People Had Birthdays (Giving Tree manager Courtney Philos Jensen, Dear Friend Vasiliki, "Vee" and Giving Tree manager Laura Dallaire's daughter Ellen)... and even though celebrating their beautiful souls was absolutely ENOUGH...
the fact that our little office fridge almost always had little tinfoil wrapped packages of JOY!! (cake.. FROSTING!) didn't hurt!
(I was going to say it was the 'icing on the cake' but I refrained, and I think I finished all frosting and am now having withdrawal!)






-And oh yeah, there was that small matter of a heart and mind bursting open trip to ITALY in July!

What a wonderful month!
Still, this is about the NEW MONTH- AUGUST!
And just to guarantee it is going to be great, let's start celebrating it already!!
AUGUST, HERE IS TO YOU!!



Most Especially, August

Most especially,
August,
You are
Especially
special.
Within you, summer
Summer!
has turned
sublime.
Heat just days before
injustly
just,
hot,
Now August,
in you,
heat
takes on a softer
even
cooler
hue.
And in gardens where once there was only watermelon,
In August, there are now tomatoes too.

And our glasses will have mint in them!
And we will raise them up,
in honor of you,
Dear August,
And your mornings of lush and dewy dew,
And your evenings of dancing on porches under candlelight
from candles designed
to keep the mosquitos,
but not the living and the loving
of this one exquisite life,
at all
at bay
at all
away.

2 comments:

NB said...

The poem was the "icing on the cake".
Another captivating piece of writing.

Thanks

blogger said...

the underlying current in your poetry is always alluring