September 6, 2010

NEW BLOG MONDAY

A Very Short (Un) Labor(ed) Day Poem!

Poem For A Picnic or
End of Summer Resolution!


Because I just hated to think
the summer would end,

Without at least trying
to turn 'foe' into 'friend"

Today I went back to the scene
of the "no samples! lobster salad" sadness

(All the while my friend proclaiming "this is MADNESS")

I waited with patience and purpose on que

Until the familiar voice came: "And how may I help you?"

I knew it right then, it was my moment to seize...

"I'd like a VERY small container of the, um, ...lobster salad... please?"

She nodded and scooped, and said not a word,

and indeed the tally for lunch

was none short of...

absurd.

Still, the salad was scrumptious

albeit fast finished-

so too was my summer long anger

diminished.

And I guess I do now just have to confess,

For such a fine, pricey, product I can't expect less.

She was tough, she was stubborn, and to her pride she did stick

and in the end, delivered, one very nice

picnic.



:)

Rachel, End Of Summer, 2010, nyc

No comments: