November 20, 2010

New Blog.. Customer Doesn't Know But...

I couldn't resist posting this email from her! A customer that has become a DEAR FRIEND.. sent this pontification today.. I loved it, I love her, and I figure, if I don't attribute a name.. it's ok to post!!. .:)
(p.s... couldn't agree more!)



have you ever been in a starbucks and noticed that everyone is trying to "be" someone? whether it be the clothing or the attitude or giant sunglasses, fancy shoes...anyway, we went to starbucks today and there was a line and an older man working the register and he was so pleasant and had this sparkle in his eye...paul newman look alike maybe 10 years ago i'd guess. rude person after rude person snatches coffee from him. he never changes...smiles at each person, greets each person with just this honest and jolly attitude regardless of how stupid they are with their giant sunglasses and god forbid they say thank you or please. so i get up there, order just a regular coffee and he starts apologizing like he just crashed into my car or something because he has to make a new pot. I just said "oh my god please, fresh coffee sounds great thanks so much for that"....grumbling people waiting. he looked me right in the eye and said "THANK YOU"....like thanks for not being a jerk. What's wrong with people that they can't have a pleasant exchange and just have a little patience and know that maybe he would rather be home with his family and not working at a stupid starbucks but maybe he has no choice so hey, be pleasant and stop treating people like they're the gum on the bottom of your shoe because they work behind the counter of a starbucks. anyway, i just got a warm feeling from the guy and felt for him working at the stupid starbucks. they should rename it stupid starbucks i think. unfortunately i like their gingerbread latte...xo

1 comment:

Lori said...

I read this when it was first posted. The next time I was in Starbucks, I noticed the same thing. I talked to the barista about it after the rude people left - she was really cute and said it was just part of her job, but she thanked me for noticing...