June 18, 2009

Shows a "generosity of spirit"...


That is what one of the top restaurant critics in the world said to my dearest friend, Suzanne Tracht, tonight during the airing of Bravo T.V's "Top Chef-Masters".
The show pits 24 of the best cooks in the world against each other. Each week, 4 go head to head, and only one comes out on top.
Tonight was the night Suzanne was on the show. To say I was nervous is an understatement! I was literally pacing around the house, holding onto a pillow, having Judith tell me it was o.k. to watch. I couldn't bear the thought of the judges saying something harsh to the person that has been my best friend for almost a decade. I couldn't stand the thought that someone, ANYONE would attempt to dampen her passion, or tell her that all the blood, sweat, and tears she puts into her career as a chef, everyday, wasn't totally obvious.
Well, that didn't happen.
The one thing I can say, absolutely, about Suzanne's cooking, is that she does it WITH LOVE. And to my utter shock and delight, the judges tasted this, FELT THIS, and Suzanne won!
I could not be more proud of my friend. Yes, this is wholly and only a huge shout out and congratulations to her, Suzanne Tracht owner/chef of Jar restaurant in Los Angeles, as well as being the keeper of my joy, and often, sanity.
I am SO PROUD OF YOU SUZANNE! NO ONE IN THE WORLD DESERVES IT MORE THAN YOU!
Speaking of jewelry (do you like how I did that? :))
Suzanne constantly wears three pieces from Giving Tree. The Me&Ro om drum with diamond necklace, matching earrings, and the gold 'courage' pendant.
And that's what she was all about tonight, grace, calm, and courage.
Oh, and love... SO MUCH LOVE!
To the most outstanding chef, mother, and woman I know.. Suzanne Tracht

No comments: