July 9, 2009

Giving Tree Jewelry Friend.. no.. HERO of the day!

This VERY special award goes to Pete Blanco! Allow me to set the scene, and take you behind what "really" goes on here at Giving Tree Jewelry.
All the beautiful pictures you see on our givingtreejewelry.com site have to be taken by someone. For a long time, we had a staff photographer/manager performing this important task. When she moved away, we had to figure something out. I (Rachel) thought (foolishly) "oh! I can do that! How hard can it be?" The answer? Very VERY hard! Wow. One hasn't experienced frustration until they have tried to photograph a silver and stone ring to put on line. Again, Wow.
So, after about 48 straight hours of attempts, I called on my dear friend Pete Blanco to advise. He brought me into his studio, built me a light box, and we spent the next two hours trying to get the shot. After two hours, we had nothing, and I had a box of 30 new pieces to shoot.
Finally, Pete pulled out the 'big guns'. He brought the teeny, tiny, sparkly, shiny, Lilly Barrack ring into his professional studio. He propped it on the stool usually reserved for doing portraits, and pulled out his biggest camera. It was a bit like David and Goliath, the ring being Goliath! Finally, finally, he got the shot! One down, 29 to go!!
Pete is now taking it upon himself to shoot the brand new Lilly Barrack rings and Good Charma pieces.
I am beyond grateful. In fact, I am almost speechless (but not quite). So should he ever read this, I just wanted to say "thank you" to you, Pete- a true friend of Giving Tree Jewelry, and a true friend of mine.
Here are some pics of Pete in action. Giving Tree Jewelry's "Hero of the day"
It takes a big, strong man to shoot a pretty little ring!



No comments: