June 24, 2010

BONUS BLOG!

THANKFUL THURSDAY

CALLING ALL LOVE

It was probably foreseeable and inevitable, but when we sat down for our meeting this week and threw out all our ideas for what the 'theme' for SUMMER 2010 at Giving Tree Jewelry was going to be...
the whole thing took about... 10 seconds.



It is, as simple and dated (1969?) as it sounds, and there are no two ways around it.

It is THE SUMMER OF LOVE!

Tomorrow we will debut a new element on the www.givingtreejewelry.com website. One that highlights this theme of LOVE! Included here will be things like our fun and joyful FRIENDS PAGE on Facebook, and our GIVING TREE-GIVING BACK charity page which includes our favorite creation to date, our CUSTOMERS CARING section.


In the very near future, we will be debuting our SUMMER 2010 t-shirt, a line of commitment jewelry by the incredible Marla Wasserstein of MarlaStudio, and a very, very, very special charity piece that could not be closer to our hearts.

All of this to say. We are absolutely overflowing with LOVE.

HOW CAN YOU HELP ADD TO THE LOVE YOU ASK? :)



Yesterday, after working with a customer for quite some time on a very special order, I received this email from her. I got it early on in the day, (about 7 am) and I just KNEW, I was destined for a great day! My mind, but more importantly, MY HEART had just been 'made up' by the love I felt from this letter from a customer.


I thank you so much for your efforts with this regard and can't tell you how much I appreciate everything you have done. In the past 20 or so years I have considered shopping at Nordstrom to be the benchmark in service, and now I have found an even better experience and that is you and your company. I am over the moon about my transaction with you. As I told you, I love the "Fearlessness" necklace, and haven't taken it off since I got it. I am a 73 year old woman who raised three children along without any of the legally ordered child support checks, and worked until a year ago May, when I was laid off. At first I thought it was going to be awful, but within a very short time I realized that I am now on a wonderful long "vacation" and am enjoying life. And now I am fearless!


This note went further than ANYTHING I could imagine, to make me feel FILLED WITH LOVE for what we do here at Giving Tree Jewelry.


So we are reworking/reviving our 'TESTIMONIALS PAGE' to be a less tersely named 'WORDS OF LOVE' :)
If YOU could share any small story, of how an experience with Giving Tree, or the act of giving or receiving a gift from Giving Tree- brought some love (and joy!) to you, we would be so grateful!
For every 'WORDS OF LOVE' submission we receive today and tomorrow, we will mail out a special gift to you. A THANK-YOU from us, filled with LOVE!

***Send WORDS OF LOVE to rachelandjudith@givingtreejewelry.com***

And Remember:


With So Much Love,
Rachel- nyc late june 2010 ie: The Summer Of Love

1 comment:

blogger said...

when are your poetry books coming out Rachel?