June 28, 2010

NEW BLOG MONDAY!

What A Week!

Giving Tree Jewelry Has The Best Artists Ever!

Happy Monday!! And guess who is still tootlin' round the streets of NYC on her shiny red bike? :)
In fact, I'm thinking of doing a little art/joy project that involves snapping pictures of Rambling Red all around the city in the summertime. (Is it possible to fall in love with a bicycle? She muses...)



Here is Ramblin' outside the Metropolitan Museum of Art this past weekend!


It is true, just about the only thing that makes me happier than biking aimlessly around this city, is biking to meet up with one of our wonderful artists! On Tuesday, I had hands down, the most inspired lunch with PABLO VALENCIA ever! And that is saying quite a lot as EVERY meeting with this remarkable, ebulliant and transcendant man is FULL of inspiration.. but this time Pablo was on OVERDRIVE! The result is the debut of not one but TWO new lines from the fabulous Pablo over the next month! One came all from his gorgeous mind, the other, a collaboration we have been working on for over three years! (Trish Lanoue you 'reignited' the spark.. THANK YOU! *Giving Tree has THE BEST customers. in fact 'the best' isn't a good enough descriptive!)

*Pablo The Great!



*As gorgeous as it gets! My Rose Gold Bent Nail never comes off!


On Thursday, I was super excited to have lunch with Danielle Birrittella, the designer of ELLA POE! We hit it off instantly when we met in Los Angeles to shoot our 'Artist Of The Week' Video with Danielle, and not even a bike ride over and across town in the ridiculous heat was enough to quell my excitement over getting to see Danielle again, one of my favorite PEOPLE as well. Danielle had just returned from Europe and was stopping in NYC on her way back to L.A. She looked absolutely radiant in a summer red dress, (I just looked absolutely sweaty) AND she was wearing one of her new designs which I COULD NOT STOP OBSESSING OVER! This is the second time I have had this reaction to Danielle's work. The first is her ROSE GOLD BENT NAIL, which is on me now, and is always on me! Danielle asked if I put it on just for her. I told her it never comes off! Our lunch was filled with lots of laughter, story telling, and excitement over the new lines!


On Thursday evening, yours truly had a slightly decadent evening out on the town- and by decadent I mean.. OYSTERS! Best friend(and extraordinary artist) Kristin Jai Klosterman and myself dined with Rachel Minaya, her sister in law Sixta and her neice Amanda. Rachel is the wife of the METS general manager Omar Minaya. The moment I met Rachel I knew we were were destined to be friends. The fact that I have never seen anyone ROCK A PIECE OF JEWELRY more than Rachel rocked her 36 inch Me&Ro prayer bead necklace was just a bonus! This woman has styel to spare! The fact that the whole family is absolutely genuine, thoughtful, kind and considerate just makes me even more proud to consider them friends.



*RACHELS ROCK!



On Friday morning I hopped back on Rambling and headed to my new favorite spot, Chelsea Market, to meet, for the first time, Marla Wallerstein of MarlaStudio.
As I start to write this, I realize, words may very well fail me as I try to express the INSTANT connection I felt with Marla, the sense of 'wow this woman is AMAZING' and an overall respect and curiosity for everything Marla is. The mother of 3 boys, I only just learned Friday that Marla was a fine artist/print maker for years, went to grad school at R.I.S.D and taught at Brown in Rhode Island. Those are some serious creds! And when she laid out her newest collection for me, and we shot our next installment of our Artist of the Week series, I was completely, and utterly moved and impressed. I am also SO thankful I have Marla on film talking about her work, because I really don't think I can find just the right way to say, I was COMPLETELY blown away, by Marla, by her gorgeous jewelry, and even more glorious soul.


*NEW! Artist Of The Week Video with Marla of MarlaStudio coming FRIDAY!
(it's in the editing suite :))


Thank you Marla, and Pablo, and Danielle! You guys made this week an ABSOLUTELY INSPIRED AND INIMITABLE ONE IN THIS LITTLE JOURNEY OF ME IN NYC.
IT IS AN IMMENSE HONOR AND PRIVILEGE TO REPRESENT YOU AS ARTISTS, AND BASK IN YOUR LIGHT, AS FRIENDS.


*and thanks Ramblin' for getting me to them! Tomorrow we go to the angel fountain at the park!! :)

With love and bright red joy!
Rachel, NYC June 28, 2010

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I knew you had a busy week, I had no clue!!

-Love ya!