May 25, 2011

INTRODUCING OUR CAPE COD ARTISTS SECTION!

When Courtney asked me to write something for today's debut of the Cape Cod Artists Section at Giving Tree Jewelry, I was so excited. 
 
I spent all day biking around New York City, but my heart was on Cape Cod.. (who am I kidding, it always is!)
 
For the last six months I have been "watching from the wings" as Courtney, Laura, and most especially Judith, have worked TIRELESSLY to bring this new section to life. The three of them spent all winter researching, meeting artists, and building the pages online for each artist and each piece. I know the amount of time and care this effort involves. I think that is why they asked me to write a little about it. They are too busy!
 
So what can we expect from this new section? GREAT THINGS!
 
The reason is simple. The very first thing I 'learned' when I came home from Los Angeles to work side by side with my Mother at the gallery was her unwavering insistence that we "knew each and every artist personally". Judith believed (and still does) that as there is a vision (and a heart) behind each and every piece of jewelry, we should KNOW the person that creates the piece.
 
It makes sense! Judith also taught us that the most sacred thing we can do is to support the arts. We do this by supporting the ARTIST.
Every artist in this new Cape Cod section is truly a master of their craft. Each and every piece is handmade, on Cape Cod.
This may sound like a simple thing, but in this day and age of mass produced merchandise, nothing could be more special.
 
So, it is with GREAT excitement, that I shout out from the wings.. that Giving Tree Jewelry is so very proud to present its brand new
 
Meet
Susan Wilson
Meryl Lefkovitz
Melanie Rawding
Kim Deane
Heather Hoffman
Heidi Weddendorf
Bev Gallerani
Ann Hanson
Lesley Erikson 
 
and CELEBRATE with us- CAPE COD, JEWELRY, ART, AND MOST ESSENTIALLY OF ALL, THE ARTISTS!

3 comments:

Elisa said...

Awesome local selection of wonderful artist and wonderful people! Congratulations!!!

Bev ~ MangoTango Designs said...

Proud to be part of the Giving Tree family!

Andy said...

neighborhood assortment of superb artist and superb people!
I have play the wow for a long times and have some good advice for you to get the best World Of Warcraft Gold with goods ways, I also have the best ways for you of the Cheapest WOW Gold, please don't hesitate !