June 20, 2011

A Very, Very Early Morning Update From Giving Tree

There is something about this place. I can't feign to understand it, completely, but it always happens when I return home and to the Giving Tree, to work. I can't sleep. I get too excited to start every new day, and find myself awake, always, well before 5 am.
This morning, I had to force myself to lie back down at 2:37 pm and wait, at least, for the sun to rise with me, which happened almost exactly two hours later.
Now, an hour after that, I am all dressed and caffeinated and about to head into the gardens again, but I wanted to spend a few moments celebrating, and sharing, what must be the "magic" of this place.
Magic. It's really the only word I can think of. This place is special. And although I dedicated almost a decade of my life to running the day to day parts of Giving Tree Gallery and our website, I know for sure I had very little, if anything, to do with that.
Instead, what this place most definitively and powerfully is, is the ACTUALIZATION OF A VISION, and even more, THE REALIZATION OF A DREAM.
And those two things belong to my mom, Judith.
She did all this. And it is nothing short of magic.
Every flower that now blooms here was planted and cared for by Judith. Every jewelry case was built by her hands. Every word on the website I wrote thinking about what she taught me about jewelry, and honoring the artists behind the work.
And even though the last few years have been unbelievably difficult for everyone attached to Giving Tree, it is an amazing thing that this place keeps going. Laura and Courtney come to work every day, with happy hearts and FAITH that things will get better...
And Judith, instead of giving up, has now created a BRAND NEW BRANCH of the business!
INTRODUCING:
THE CHIC BOUTIQUE- APPELLE AT GIVING TREE!
WATCH THE VIDEO NOW-






It is impossible to capture the real feeling of this new space. That is why we hope lots of people can come to our grand opening party on THURSDAY JUNE 23RD from 5-7pm or plan a visit to Giving Tree this summer! 



I also made a bunch of new signs to put around the property Judith has been working on all Spring.

Here are two.
The first is a favorite quote from Andy Warhol. I put it at the far end of the rope bridge, because the spot offers a view of our incredible marsh and the outlets to the sea, and this is how I feel every time I stand there.



Another is tucked,  almost out of view, in the gardens facing the new boutique. If I ever doubt myself, or my ability to actually actualize my own vision, and realize my own dreams... I only need to look at the boutique and think of my mom and what she continues to create, every day.
This always makes me want to say thank you.

.It's now 6 am, and I am on my way to the gardens now. I feel so lucky and again, just want to say...
Thank you.

Here is hoping there is a beautiful magic in your day too!
With love,
Rachel Leigh Smith- Cape Cod June 2011

3 comments:

NB said...

Hands down this could be the best blog ever. I am so excited for everyone to have the new boutique. What a great name and what fabulous merchandise. The very best of luck to everyone involved.

NB

Unknown said...

I am Totally agree with NB thanks for great info.

Jewelry Supplies Australia

Andy said...

I am so excited for everyone to possess the brand new boutique. What a awesome name and what fabulous merchandise
Does anyone about to get andBuy World Of Warcraft Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safeRS Gold, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.