February 3, 2009

Why we all need to keep shopping..

just a quick one.. from your fearless (almost!) friend Rachel.
So it's a very very snowy eve here on Cape Cod.. the only cars on the road have plows attached. What is a girl to do? SHOP! Why? Because the economy is in trouble.. and it is up to us to save it! we have to keep shopping! We have to keep the small sweet companies, and the beautiful artists behind them going! That is what I am doing right now! Here is my suggestion..gentle prodding if you will. Have a warm beverage (I am addicted to green tea lattes myself) sign on, and shop.. smartly, conscientously, and with your heart. If I didn't own it, I would go to Givingtreejewelry.com all the time for the small, meaningful tokens for myself, and gifts for others. And for clothes? Well, I'm a huge fan of www.starsandinfinitedarkness.com. Gorgeous things, amazing prices, and beautiful mantras from the artists on why they make what they make.
That's it. As women, as women with souls and spirits, we can take care of this crisis, one small purchase at a time.
Silly, perhaps, but it is bringing some sunshine to my moment. Everything is going to be ok. We will do our part. We will stick together and support each other.
Peace and love. R.S

1 comment:

Lee Ann said...

You are right-everything is going to be alright sooner than we all think-just know it- BTW- I love my Good Charma Silver bracelets-may have to order another set! Lee Ann